By Vivek Santuka
Cisco's entire, authoritative advisor to Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting (AAA) strategies with CiscoSecure ACS
This is the 1st whole, authoritative, single-source consultant to enforcing, configuring, and dealing with Authentication, Authorization and Accounting (AAA) id administration with CiscoSecure entry regulate Server (ACS) four and five. Written by way of 3 of Cisco's such a lot skilled CiscoSecure product help specialists, it covers all AAA ideas (except NAC) on Cisco routers, switches, entry issues, firewalls, and concentrators. It additionally completely addresses either ACS configuration and troubleshooting, together with using exterior databases supported by way of ACS. each one of this book's six sections makes a speciality of particular Cisco units and their AAA configuration with ACS. every one bankruptcy covers configuration syntax and examples, debug outputs with motives, and ACS screenshots. Drawing at the authors' adventure with numerous thousand help circumstances in companies of every kind, AAA id administration Security offers pitfalls, warnings, and advice all through. every one significant subject concludes with a pragmatic, hands-on lab situation akin to a real-life resolution that has been greatly carried out by means of Cisco shoppers. This ebook brings jointly an important info that was once formerly scattered throughout a number of resources. it is going to be imperative to each specialist working CiscoSecure ACS four or five, in addition to all applicants for CCSP and CCIE (Security or R and S) certification.
Read or Download AAA Identity Management Security PDF
Similar networking books
Software program outlined Networks discusses the historic networking atmosphere that gave upward push to SDN, in addition to the newest advances in SDN know-how. The ebook grants the cutting-edge wisdom wanted for profitable deployment of an SDN, including:
• tips to clarify to the non-technical company choice makers on your association the capability merits, in addition to the hazards, in moving components of a community to the SDN model
• the best way to make clever judgements approximately while to combine SDN applied sciences in a network
• how one can make a decision in the event that your association may be constructing its personal SDN functions or trying to gather those from an outdoor vendor
• how you can speed up the facility to enhance your personal SDN program, be it totally novel or a extra effective method of a long-standing problem
• Discusses the evolution of the swap structures that permit SDN
• Addresses whilst to combine SDN applied sciences in a network
• offers an outline of pattern SDN purposes suitable to varied industries
• contains useful examples of ways to jot down SDN functions
Within the community Society the improvement of a brand new communicational version has been taking form. A communicational version characterised by means of the fusion of interpersonal verbal exchange and mass verbal exchange, connecting audiences and broadcasters below a hypertextual matrix linking numerous media units. The Networked verbal exchange version is the informational societies conversation version.
- Membrane Biophysics: Planar Lipid Bilayers and Spherical Liposomes
- Der Einsatz von Social Networking Services in Unternehmen: Eine explorative Analyse möglicher soziotechnischer Gestaltungsparameter und ihrer Implikationen
- Mastering IPTables
- Facebook und Co: Eine soziologische Analyse von Interaktionsformen in Online Social Networks
- Active directory best practices: migrating, designing and troubleshooting San Francisco, Calif.: SYBEX, c2005 ISBN 0-7821-4305-9
Extra info for AAA Identity Management Security
Authorization can be configured locally in some cases or kept on a remote AAA server. The remote server might be easier for administration depending on your network environment. Authorization is the second module of the AAA framework. The following steps are needed for authorization to take place: Step 1. AAA assembles a set of attributes based on the services that a user is requesting authorization to perform. Step 2. These attributes are compared against a database that contains the user’s actual permissions.
The attributes that are seen in Figure 1-4 are RADIUS AV pairs. RADIUS Encryption Encryption in RADIUS differs from that of TACACS+ because RADIUS encrypts only the password and the rest is sent in clear text. The process of encrypting the password in RADIUS is as follows: Step 1. A RADIUS packet includes an Authenticator field, as seen in Figure 1-4. This is a field that contains a 16-octet random number called the Request Authenticator. Step 2. The Request Authenticator is combined with the preshared key value and runs through an MD5 hash algorithm.
These attributes are compared against a database that contains the user’s actual permissions. Step 3. After a user’s authorization is verified or not verified, the result is returned to the AAA process. Step 4. After the preceding step sequence, the AAA process is then able to impose the proper restrictions to the user data. Step 5. ” As seen in the “Authentication Overview” section of this chapter, a method list configures authentication. A method list is also used to define the method of authorization.
AAA Identity Management Security by Vivek Santuka